Big Update! Custom Field of View toggle game mechanic implemented!! (Clip)

The final major game mechanic for FOOL'S GOLD version 1.0 has been created and implemented! 🥳

Check out the new Field of View toggle mechanic:

I didn't get to work on FOOL'S GOLD hardly at all last week, but I'm thrilled to be making progress again! Between last night and the night before, I was able to create and implement the last main game mechanic I wanted to create for FOOL'S GOLD, a custom Field of View toggle mechanic. 🚀

I wanted Kenny's torch to do more, functionally, than just "exist". What if the torch could add an advantage strategically, even though equipping it would spend the player's main resource of time?

This led to figuring out Kenny's line of sight, his field of view, shadowing the environment, and hiding the gold, all only when the pickaxe is equipped. Equipping the torch allows the player to see the whole cave and all the gold. 💡😀

Building this mechanic gave me the opportunity to learn about meshes, how to create my own meshes, the Universal Render Pipeline, bitmasks, raycasts, masking, and a lot more. I'm so glad I decided to add this to the "polished MVP" version!! 

I'm very excited that the in-browser, playable demo for FOOL'S GOLD will be ready and shared very soon!! 😄⛏🕹




Comments

  1. Wow!! Clever twist, it adds a lot to the game. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! This was the last major addition I wanted to include in the finalized Demo version of the game. It feels so great to have finally released this version, especially after having the build the first 1/2 of the game twice LOL.

      Delete

Post a Comment