Venture Into the Unity Asset Store

FOOL'S GOLD has some assets, its first Tilemap, and the very beginnings of its demo version! 🙌


Wow, lol. This was my first experience getting assets from the Unity store, downloading them, importing them, organizing them, cutting and prepping sprites from a sprite sheet, creating palettes from those sprites, formatting my palettes...

I'm very happy I went ahead and got started on FG now, instead of solely continuing the Unity 2D course. Even expecting the above process to take a good chunk of time, I was still surprised at how much time and energy it required. Finding the right assets for your game is crucial, however, and well worth effort. 

I now (should) have the art assets I need to build my demo/test of FG: a player character and a good variety of level design elements. I've also imported all/most of what will be needed for the game jam version of FG; as well as some assets that might be, such as a creature/monster, if I implement an enemy functionality. 

This experience has already made me feel much more comfortable with the above-mentioned process as a whole, which is truly awesome. 😊

Comments

  1. This is great! Looking forward to watching your journey and playing the game!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Look out for a finished (first version) of FOOLS GOLD by Sunday. ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment