Trello Shoutout: Check It Out If You Haven't Used it Before!

I just have to give a quick shoutout to Trello, it's awesome!!!


Every piece of game dev or game jam advice I've followed has been a huge help, and using Trello as a way to organize my project's workflow has been no different. My Trello Workspace has been a lifesaver for FOOL'S GOLD! 

It's made it so much easier to break down my full project into smaller chunks, and then break those into actionable tasks. This has allowed me to continuously re-evaluate my project as I'm building it, especially with Game Jam constraints in mind. Using Trello has vastly improved my ability to fend off "Scope Creep", as I can quickly break down features by various versions as well. 

Comments

  1. +1 on that - Trello is just awesome!
    I'm a full-time software developer (just not in games yet) and have used Trello in the past - it's great for when you're working solo to 'divide an conquer' features into smaller manageable bits and flesh out the MVP ones. I don't know if you've been using them or not, but one thing I particularly like is the ability to have checkboxes in cards (may come in handy in cards like 'sprite assets (WANT)' for example).

    Trello really shines when working in a team - be it a team of 6 people working in a fast pace or just you and one other person. You have members, color labels to help you. Not to mention it works great with links, photos and other attachments, which is just super. For example we used it to find an apartment -- you can imagine how a photo on each card can be a gamechanger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's awesome! I heard about it from devlogs I've watched/read and have played around with it a little bit previously. However, this is my first time using Trello "officially" on a project like this, and I definitely see what you mean.

      I'm surprised at versatile it is, and I look forward to trying out those features in future projects. That checkbox functionality sounds very useful!

      Delete

Post a Comment