Let's Teach Kenny How to Mine

Lots to do today to have FOOL'S GOLD - MVP (unpolished) finished by EOD tomorrow 💪 

Last night I knew it was worth calling it earlier around 9:30 PM. Mental fatigue was starting to really affect me, and I had already completed a bit more than my "minimum goals" for the day. I spent some time relaxing with my dogs and rested a bit, before going to bed relatively early. 

Today I also slept in a bit more than usual, instead of waking up early to code for an hour or two. ☕ This longer mental break was just what I needed to be able to tackle Game Jam, Day 4!

Now refreshed, I'm ready to (hopefully) crush today's FOOL'S GOLD tasks as well 🥊 :

  • (DEMO/TEST) Start/Title Screen / End/Replay Screen
  • (DEMO/TEST) miningAction "dialog box" to use w/ logic
  • (DEMO/TEST) start coding miningAction logic
  • (DEMO/TEST) visible to player game timer
  • (DEMO/TEST) start on "loot drop" + scoring logic
  • (DEMO/TEST) visible to player high score (shown on endScreen)
I believe these are the last remaining, absolutely needed features of the (unpolished) MVP version of FOOL'S GOLD. I plan to attack this task list in order, from top to bottom. If I finish all this today, I will be thrilled

However, my "goal date" for this version of FOOL'S GOLD is EOD tomorrow. The bottom two tasks are "on deck", as I expect I likely won't get to them until tomorrow. But you never know, we'll just have to see how today goes! 😄

Comments